Day Break Cake
Summary: This morning cake is a moist, delicious treat! Much like a slice of French toast drizzled in maple syrup.
- 1 cup softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 and ½ cup maple syrup (real is best)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ¾ cup flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix wet ingredients in large bowl. Using only 1 cup of the maple syrup.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to bowl.
- Mix until blended. Then blend with electric mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until springs to the touch.
- Turn over onto plate and drizzle remaining ½ cup maple syrup over top.
Candied Orange Glaze
- 1-2 oranges
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- Take rind peels from oranges. Try to remove as much as the white inside as possible.
- Dice and slice into small pieces.
- Boil in sugared water for ½ hour or until rind starts to become transparent.
- Remove rind with a slotted spoon and dip into dry sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet to cool.
- Garnish top of cake.