Can you believe it is almost that time of year? You know what I am talking about, Thanksgiving. Today I want to share with you one of my all time favorite go-to Thanksgiving recipes. My easy cranberry sauce recipe is always a crowd pleaser. No bells or whistles. Just plain and simple goodness. Like Thanksgiving should be.
Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Summary: There is something about Thanksgiving that screams cranberries. This easy cranberry sauce recipe won’t disappoint.
- 3 cups (1 bag) of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
- In medium sized sauce pan bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and bring back to a slow boil.
- Boil for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and cool in pan for about 30 minutes. Place in serving dish and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate prior to serving.
Tip-add 1 tsp. of butter to prevent foaming.
Stephanie left the corporate world to focus on her true love, chauffeuring (also known as raising two teenagers). Currently she is the Online Community Manger for Where Women Cook and Where Women Create Magazines and handles social media for a DIY/craft conference…not to mention committing egregious grammar and spelling errors for the world to see on www.TheDailyBlarg.com. Her spare time is spent reading, cooking, eating, blogging, tweeting, watching reality TV, and cuddling up in her Snuggie while riding her unicorn. She does all this while raising two growing teenagers, a Papillon, and a chinchilla with her husband Brian.