I love this time of year. The weather, the changing colors, the zombies. It’s Halloween and it may be one of my favorite times of the year. From carving pumpkins, to creepy food, to trick-or-treating I truly adore it all. And each year we have a ghoulish gathering full of frightening foods. This Halloween Recipe: Zombie Eyeballs (Meatballs) is always a crowd pleaser.
Halloween Recipe: Zombie Eyeballs (Meatballs)
Summary: Looking to add some extra “scare” to your party? This Halloween Recipe: Zombie Eyeballs (Meatballs) is perfect for you.
- 40-50 prepared and/or fully cooked meatballs (you can make them or buy them)
- 1 2/3 cups of grape jam
- 1 bottle of chili sauce
- Green olives (stuffed with pimentos works best)
- Mix together chili sauce and jam, in a medium sized bowl, until smooth.
- Place prepared meatballs in a slow-cooker or CrockPot and pour the jam/sauce mixture over top.
- Cook on low for about 2 hours or until sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Place meatballs on platter. Use toothpick and poke through the center of an olive (You can use a half olive if you want the eyes to be less “bulgy”) and poke into meatball to secure.
- Drizzle the extra sauce over the meatballs an extra spooky effect.
Stephanie left the corporate world to focus on her true love, chauffeuring (also known as raising two teenagers). Currently she is the Online Community Manger for Where Women Cook and Where Women Create Magazines and handles social media for a DIY/craft conference…not to mention committing egregious grammar and spelling errors for the world to see on www.TheDailyBlarg.com. Her spare time is spent reading, cooking, eating, blogging, tweeting, watching reality TV, and cuddling up in her Snuggie while riding her unicorn. She does all this while raising two growing teenagers, a Papillon, and a chinchilla with her husband Brian.