Who likes cookies? Who likes buttery, rich, decadent cookies? Who LOVES buttery, rich, decadent cookies dipped in chocolate? If you answered yes to any of the questions above this Chocolate Dipped Madelines Recipe is for you. This fantastic cookie recipe was originally shared by Leigh Standley of Curly Girl Design in our Fall 2011 issue of Where Women Cook.
Curly Girl Design
Chocolate Dipped Madelines Recipe
Summary: This Chocolate Dipped Madelines Recipe is a delicious twist on an already perfect treat.
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 TB. from sticks of unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 3 oz. of high-quality chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter and flour pan for large madelines.
- In a mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl, until blended.
- Mix in vanilla, lemon peel, and salt. Add flour, and mix until blended.
- Gradually add cooled, melted butter evenly, beating until just blended.
- With a spoon, fill each indentation in madeline pan with 1TB. of batter. Bake until puffed and brown (about 16 minutes.) Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and gently remove from pan. Repeat the process as you work your way through the dough, making sure you re-butter and re-flour your pan before each batch.
- Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe cup. Microwave on medium for 1 minute or a little more, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate has almost melted. Whisk a little to make it smooth. Do NOT overheat.
- Dip each madeline into the melted chocolate, coating bottom third part of the cookie. Shake off excess chocolate and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat for all the cookies and leave at room temperature for 1 hour or until chocolate is set.