Today’s Fresh Peach and Blueberry Pie Recipe is brought to you by the wonderful Cobilynn from Peace from Pieces. This dessert is a fantastic way to use your peach harvest and wow your family and friends. It truly looks as good as it tastes.
Fresh Peach and Blueberry Pie Recipe
Summary: This Fresh Peach and Blueberry Pie Recipe is the perfect way to use your harvested fruit this Fall.
- Crust- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 cup cold (key), unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- Peach Blueberry Filling- 1 pkg peach gelatin
- 3-4 fresh, ripe peaches
- 1 quart fresh blueberries
- Crust- In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Mix in cut pieces of unsalted butter until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- Pour in milk and mix just until dough holds together in a ball.
- Separate the dough into two equal balls and place each ball on it’s own sheet of wax paper, put another piece of wax paper on top.
- Roll dough out into 2 9 or 10 in. crusts and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Take top wax paper off of chilled dough and flip crust over and place in pie plate, leave the wax paper on top and fill the the pie with uncooked beans or rice. Bake crust as is for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. or until golden.
- Let crust sit for 5 minutes before removing rice and wax paper.
- Filling- Mix gelatin per box instructions.
- Wash, peel and slice fresh peaches (be sure to use sweet peaches or the pie will be tart).
- Wash blueberries (remove stems and over-ripened berries).
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit while the crust bakes.
- Add filling to slightly cooled pie crust and serve with fresh whipped cream.
Peace from Pieces
Cobilynn is a girl who loves to throw a party for no reason other than to laugh and bake dessert just to give it away. She enjoys time with her family. She blog about how she finds Peace in all the different Pieces of her life. So that she can remember them and hopefully inspire others just a tidbit.