Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and one cannot live on sweet treats alone. Are you planning a romantic evening for two? Or maybe drinks before going out on the town? This Strawberry Martini Recipe is the perfect compliment to your Valentine’s evening. Serve it alone or with some appetizers—either way it is a great drink to toast love with.
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 6 strawberries (hulled, mashed, and run trough a fine strainer)
- 8 oz. vodka (your favorite kind)
- 2 tsp. strawberry syrup
- Sugar for the rim
- 2 strawberries for garnish
- Lightly moisten rims of martini glasses and dip in sugar to coat rims. Set aside.
- Place mashed strawberry mixture, strawberry syrup, sugar, and vodka in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 20-30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Add 3-4 ice cubes and shake again for 10 seconds to cool. Poor into prepared martini glasses (run through a strainer if your shaker doesn’t have a spout that strains).
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve. For an added touch you can cut your strawberries into a heart shape.
Do you have a favorite cocktail to share with your loved ones?