Where Women Cook would like to thank Amy from The Idea Room for allowing us to share her Super Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe with you today. Amy has shared several recipes with us in the past and they are always delicious; these sugar cookies are no exception. Cut them out with a heart-shaped cookie cutter and you have a perfect treat for Valentine’s Day.
- ¾ cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 4¾ cups flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, or your stand mixer, combine baking soda and sour cream.
- Slowly add remaining ingredients and mix well until dough has formed.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roll out until about ¼ inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters to achieve desired shape.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool in pan for 2-3 minutes and transfer to a baking rack lined with paper towels.
- Top with your favorite frosting recipe and sprinkles for an added touch
Have you achieved the perfect sugar cookie yet? If not, this may be the recipe for you.