Sweet treats, hearts, and Valentines day just go together. You can’t have one without the others. And what says “I love you” more than heart shaped Rice Krispie treats? Heart shaped red velvet Rice Krispie treats. Thanks to Emily from Is This Really My Life you can make this recipe for that special someone in your life.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
- Melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add cake mix and stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Add cereal and stir until Cocoa Krispies are evenly coated. (It does get a bit thick, so call in reserves if you need to!)
- Spread into a greased 9×13-inch pan. Chill 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Are you making any special treats for your Valentine?