Love is in the air. While some like to go out on the town for Valentine’s Day, others like to stay home and treat the one they love to an amazing meal full of foods he adores. This Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Recipe is sure to capture the heart of the one you love. It also works well for cocktail parties, potluck, or anywhere you need something delicious.
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage (I use country style but Italian would work also)
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened.
- 2 lbs. mushrooms, washed with stems removed (use your favorite kind of medium sized button style mushrooms)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 TB. dried parsley
- Black ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly brown crumbled sausage over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and sauté until soft. Remove from heat and drain excess grease.
- Add cooked sausage mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl with cream cheese, pepper, and parsley. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray 2 13×9 baking pans with non-stick cooking spray. Stuff each mushroom with sausage mixture and place in baking pan. Continue until all mushrooms are stuffed.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tops of stuffed mushrooms are golden brown. Carefully remove from baking pan and serve on a platter
What do you plan on serving on Valentines day? Are you going out?