Books and magazines never have enough pages for everything we have to share … so we sometimes include a photograph without a recipe. When this happens, we know you will want the recipe to make the dish. Ask and you shall receive! Enjoy this recipe from Orianne Cosentino on page 22 of WHERE WOMEN COOK: CELEBRATE!
Ori’s Brooklyn Bloody Mary Mix
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno juice
- 2 tablespoons Pick-a-Peppa sauce
- 4-5 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt or regular salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- dash cayenne
- a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce until desired spicy-ness is
- reached. (I like Texas Pete)
- Stir all ingredients together in a pitcher.
- Fill a short glass with ice.
- Pour 2 ounces of your favorite vodka (I like Tito’s) and approximately 6-8
- ounces of Mix over the ice and stir.
- Garnish with Spanish olives, pickles** of any sort and/or celery.
Find the perfect quick pickle recipe for ‘accessorizing your bloody mary’ at Up Chef Creek.
Number of servings (yield): 8