It’s a wonderful time of year. Full of hot cocoa, family, friends, food, and pumpkin. Pumpkin isn’t just for Thanksgiving and pie. This Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe from Emily of Is This Really My Life gives you the perfect excuse to eat pumpkin all year round.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Summary: A hearty twist on a classic pumpkin cookie. You will love this Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup white and 1 cup wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- .Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine butter and sugars and cream together until light and fluffy. Add eggs followed by vanilla and pumpkin. Add flour mixture and mix until combined, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon-size spoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool two minutes on baking sheet; remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Emily Hill is a wife, mother, entrepreneur and writer. When she’s not driving carpool, stepping on Legos or hiding in her closet, she enjoys entertaining readers on isthisREALLYmylife.com. Emily is the social media specialist for Where Women Create and Where Women Cook magazines and a member of the eBay Parent Panel. She recently served as the co-owner and managing editor of SassyScoops.com and contributing editor for BoutiqueCafe.com. In her spare time she is a freelance copywriter and editor. Diet Coke and chocolate make it all possible.