There are likely 5,000 ways to make chicken. Today we are going to share another way to make chicken that is sure to be a crowdpleaser. Orianne Consentino, from Up Chef Creek, shared a mouth-watering pistachio-crusted chicken recipe with us in the Spring 2011 issue of Where Women Cook.
Pistachio-Crusted Chicken with Fresh Herbs
Summary: A crunch, savory, delicious way to have your chicken and eat it too.
- 1½ cups shelled pistachios
- ¾ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 TB. Dijon mustard
- 4 TB. canola oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, dill, etc.)
- 1½ lbs. chicken breast cutlets
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with a piece of foil.
- Grind pistachios by pulsing in a food processor until medium fine. Mix the nuts with the breadcrumbs, and place in a shallow bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk the mustard with 2 TB. of oil, and the herbs in a separate bowl.
- Spread mustard mixture over both sides of each piece of chicken, and dredge in the pistachio breading to cover.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet. Add chicken breasts, two at a time (do not crowd), to the skillet, and cook until the coating turns golden brown on each side, flipping after 3– 4 minutes. Repeat for each piece.
- Place each browned chicken cutlet on the baking sheet, and bake to finish. Cook 7–10 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.