Every party needs a great crowning dessert. This is something that Shea and Debbie know and put to good use frequently. Today they share one of their favorite recipes with us. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Zest and juice of 1½ limes
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec liqueur
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Coarse Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare mini bundt pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugar together until light, and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add the eggs one at at time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, vanilla extract and tequila, mixing until combined. Add the dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk. Mix only until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, finish mixing by hand.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared mini bundt pans. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until just slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, combine the first four ingredients, adjusting the amount of confectioners sugar to achieve the desired consistency. Spoon over each mini cake and allow to run over the edges. Finish with a sprinkling of coarse salt.
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)