Dessert. We all love it. We all crave it. And, is there really a better way to end a meal? Or maybe, in the case of Katie Camarro‘s Ice Cream Pound Cake recipe, start a meal? It’s no secret why her Sundaes Best hot fudge is award winning after you take one bite of this fabulous pound cake that was featured in the Summer 2011 issue of Where Women Cook.
Why haven’t I ever thought of creating a recipe for ice cream pound cake? Thanks to Katie I don’t have to worry. This ice cream pound cake is going down in the history books, under fantastic.
Ice Cream Pound Cake
Summary: Rich, creamy, and chocolatey are just a few of the words you can use to describe this delicious dessert.
- Pound Cake
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Fillings & Garnish
- 1 pint Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream
- 8 oz. jar Sundaes Best Russell’s Landing Raspberry Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 pint raspberries
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 1 dollop of whip cream (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- For pound cake-Mix all ingredients very thoroughly.
- Grease loaf pan, and fill it with the batter.
- Bake for about 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 30 minutes. Wrap in wax paper, and freeze for 1 hour. Remove cake from freezer.
- Flip over pound cake, and hollow out the bottom of the loaf in a rectangle shape with a sharp serrated knife.
- For fillings & garnish-Let ice cream soften on counter for about 10 minutes until spreadable. Fill the pound cake with the ice cream, and spread the bottom smooth.
- Wrap up cake in wax paper, and refreeze for at least 1 hour. Remove from freezer. Place frozen pound cake on platter.
- Warm hot fudge in glass gravy pitcher.
- Drizzle hot fudge sauce over entire pound cake. Garnish the platter with raspberries and sprigs of mint, and whip cream and almonds if desired.
- Slice and serve.