Thanksgiving is upon us and with that brings the holiday season. With family, friends, shopping, endless dinners, and potlucks galore. It is the happiest and busiest time of the year. That is why simplifying things in the kitchen is always fabulous. Quick and easy side dishes are the perfect way to add flare to you Thanksgiving or holiday meal. Or if you just need something special for a Tuesday night. This Green Beans With Toasted Almonds Recipe is not only simple but beautiful. It is a great accent to most meals.
Green Beans With Toasted Almonds Recipe
Summary: This Green Beans With Toasted Almonds Recipe is a perfect side dish for holidays or a weeknight dinner. Light and delicious.
- 2 lbs of fresh trimmed green beans (you can substitute whole frozen beans)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 cup lightly toasted sliced or slivered almonds
- Salt to taste
- Lightly steam or boil green beans for about 3-5 minutes. Drain beans.
- Add butter and olive oil to pan and stir frequently over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add green beans back to pan and toss to cover in the butter oil mixture.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with toasted almonds and salt.
Stephanie left the corporate world to focus on her true love, chauffeuring (also known as raising two teenagers). Currently she is the Online Community Manger for Where Women Cook and Where Women Create Magazines and handles social media for a DIY/craft conference…not to mention committing egregious grammar and spelling errors for the world to see on www.TheDailyBlarg.com. Her spare time is spent reading, cooking, eating, blogging, tweeting, watching reality TV, and cuddling up in her Snuggie while riding her unicorn. She does all this while raising two growing teenagers, a Papillon, and a chinchilla with her husband Brian.