What are some of your favorite toppings for pancakes, waffles, and French toast? Maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream, maybe peanut butter? A lot of people like to add fresh fruit and berries as a side or topping. This Fresh Blueberry Sauce Recipe combines the sweetness of syrup with the freshness of fruit. It is a great compliment to your breakfast dishes and makes the perfect ice cream topping.
- 2 cups of washed, stemmed, fresh blueberries
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Apply light pressure to “smash” blueberries during cooking.
- Sauce can be served warm or cooled.
- Store, refrigerated, in an air tight jar.
The Daily Blarg and Where Women Cook
Share with us how you like to top your pancakes, waffles, or French toast. Do you do use anything unique or do you stick with the traditional?