I love salad. It is nice as a side dish and great as a meal. One thing I don’t like: store-bought dressing. So many of them have added MSG, excess salt, and preservatives. That is why I prefer to make my favorite salad dressing at home. Ranch dressing is a fridge staple. Now you can throw out that plastic bottle and replace it with this easy ranch dressing recipe. You likely have everything you need in your spice cabinet and refrigerator.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk (you can use buttermilk if you want)
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ½-3/4 tsp. dried dill weed (depending on preference)
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. You can blend in blender or use an immersion blender (as I do).
- It will be thin if you use immediately. Best if served after chilling for 30-60 minutes to allow thickening.
- Serve on your favorite salads or veggies.
Do you make any salad dressings at home? What are some of your favorites?