What kind of snacks do you like to eat at night…sweet or salty? What if you could have a recipe that combines the best of both worlds? With the sweet flavor of caramel mixed with the salty taste of popcorn and peanuts this easy caramel popcorn recipe will make it so you don’t have to choose. Now you can have your sweets and salt too.
- 26 cups plain popcorn, popped
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts, shelled
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and grease 2 – 9×13 baking pans. Add popcorn to large mixing bowl. In medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir over medium-high until mixture comes to a boil.
- When boiling reduce heat to medium and allow to boil for 5 minutes. DO NOT STIR while boiling. After five minutes mix in peanuts.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix well with a wooden spoon. Spread popcorn, evenly, into baking pans. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Break into pieces and store in air-tight container
What is your drink of choice with popcorn?