The Winter 2011 issue of Where Women Cook Magazine contains some of the most wonderful recipes you can find. Elizabeth Maxson’s crepe recipe happens to be one of those.
The Adventures of Elizabeth
Grab your favorite crepe toppings and sink your teeth into Elizabeth’s Delectable Crepes.
Summary: Elizabeth Maxson’s favorite recipe, crepes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 TB. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 TB. vanilla
- 2 TB. butter melted
- Sift dry ingredients together in bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Then beat in milk and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture slowly until mixed well.
- Stir in melted butter. For best results chill batter for 1 hour.
- Keep crepe pan on medium to high heat. Pour a small amount of batter (about 1/3-1/2 cup) into pan and quickly swirl pan around to cover the entire bottom.
- When the crepe begins to bubble and brown on edges, flip over to the other side by gently jerking the pan to loosen the crepe and flipping, or use a spatula.
- Place on paper towel and cover with foil.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12