What do you like to make for the Super Bowl? A big meal? Snacks? A ton of appetizers and miscellaneous finger foods? Most of us probably fall into the latter category. This Crispy Pork Wontons Recipe is great for game day or any day you need an Asian-style appetizer or side dish.
- 40-50 square wonton wrappers
- 1 lb. fresh ground pork
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- ⅛ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely minced or grated
- 3 tsp. crushed pepper flakes
- 1 TB. soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- Oil for frying (peanut is the best but you can use canola or vegetable)
- Mix all ingredients (except oil and wonton wrappers) in a medium size bowl until well blended.
- Fill electric frying pan with 1½ inches of oil. Heat to 350 degrees. (You can use a pan on your stove top. Fill with the 1½ inches of oil and heat on medium)
- Place 1 tsp. of filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Lightly brush edges of wonton wrapper with water. Fold wonton in half to form a triangle. Press edges together to seal thoroughly. Repeat until filling is gone.
- Place wontons in hot oil and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. (watch for splashing oil)
- Remove from oil and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Place on a platter and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
What are you serving on Super Bowl Sunday? Do you have a go-to appetizer your guests always adore?