Where do you normally get your chocolate syrup from? If you are like most people the answer is…the grocery store. But what if you could make rich, decadent, and EASY chocolate syrup at home? Then of course you would want to; right? Try this easy homemade chocolate syrup recipe on your favorite ice cream, as a dip for fruit, or in a cold glass of chocolate milk. I will have you ditching the store bought syrup for good.
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk until mostly smooth.
- Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and bring mixture to a low bowl. Stirring frequently to avoid boiling over. Boil for about 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour syrup into a glass storage jar (using a funnel helps avoid messy spills) and store in fridge. Will keep in fridge for 2-3 months.
What will you try the syrup on first?