Salad is a staple in many households. While a good green salad is a great compliment to a meal, what if you want the salad to be the meal? With this chicken salad with grapes and apples recipe.the salad is the meal. This salad is a family crowd pleaser whether you choose to serve it on a bed of fresh greens or on your favorite sandwich bread. It is also a perfect dish for potlucks, parties, and picnics.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1½ cups seedless black grapes, halved
- 1 large apple, washed, cored, and finely chopped
- 1½ cups celery, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds (can substitute cashews)
- ¼ fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped
- ⅛ cup Dijon mustard
- ¾-1 cup of mayonnaise (depending on your preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken, herbs, veggies, and fruit in large mixing bowl, mix until combined.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Serve on a bed of fresh salad greens, croissants, your favorite bread, or right out of the bowl with a fork.
How do you serve your chicken salad?