Salad is a quick and easy side dish to any meal. When thinking of a salad to accompany Easter dinner, the first thought that came to my mind was…CARROTS! This carrot salad recipe draws its sweetness from freshly grated carrots which compliments the savory dressing perfectly.
- 6 cups finely grated carrots (you can grate them coarsely but the flavor isn’t the same)
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley (curly or Italian)
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black ground pepper
- Place grated carrots and parsley in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into blender and blend on medium speed for about 30-45 seconds.
- Pour dressing over carrots and mix well. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (best if chilled overnight)
- Arrange salad on platter, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Do you have a favorite salad?