What says “I love you” more than a heart shaped cookie? Not much, that is why this Strawberry Heart Oreo Cookies Recipe from Mique at 30 Days should be on your Valentine’s day treat list.
- Cookies: 1 package of strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of shortening
- Frosting: 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ stick of butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cake mix, eggs, shortening until thoroughly combined. The dough will be stiff.
- Roll into 24-30 1 in. sized balls.
- Place two cookie balls next to each other on a greased cookie sheet and pinch the bottoms together to create a heart shape. Repeat until all the dough is gone.
- Bake for 8 minutes and immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely. While cookies are cooling make frosting.
- Frosting: In large mixing bowl or in stand mixer combine cream cheese and ½ stick of softened butter. Add vanilla. Then slowly add in one cup of powered sugar at a time until creamy. (adjust powdered sugar to desired consistency)
- Frost one side of heart shaped cookie and press together with the other side. Repeat until done.
Oreos never looked so LOVEly.