There is nothing better than savory food flavored with fresh herbs. By now your garden and farmers’ markets are filled to the brim with herbs galore. You may be wondering how to make the most of your garden fresh bounty. One way is to roast your garlic. Roasting garlic is a great way to bring out the flavor and aroma and giving it a rustic flare. This roasted garlic recipe is so easy you will be wondering why you haven’t been roasting garlic for years.
- 1-10 bulbs of garlic (it’s up to you)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove out layers of garlic, leaving only the layers around the individual cloves.
- Cut top ¼-1/2 inch off each bulb to expose cloves.
- Place garlic bulbs in a baking dish, spaced evenly apart. (Tip: Use muffin tins for each bulb as an easy fix.)
- Drizzle 2-3 tsp. of olive oil over each bulb of garlic. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until garlic is very soft and lightly browned.
- Chop cloves and use in recipes.
What recipes would you use roasted garlic in?