Most people know the health benefits of quinoa but may be scared to test out this popular grain. We have a simple way you can easily incorporate quinoa into your summer meals. This quinoa salad recipe is simple, delicious, and would make a wonderful side dish at any barbeque. Or, you could even serve this salad and some fresh fruit for a quick summer’s night dinner.
- 1½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black ground pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley (curly or Italian)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare dressing for salad by placing, olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, garlic, salt, and pepper in blender. Blend until mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Add cooled quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, parsley, and dressing in large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are coated in vinaigrette.
- Serve chilled as a side dish or meal. Great with sliced and toasted baguettes.
Have you tried quinoa? What is your favorite way to prepare your quinoa?