Do you love chocolate chip cookies? Do you love Oreos? Have you ever thought about the magic that could occur if you combined the two together? Thankfully you don’t have to just think about it. Jenny Flake from Picky Palate answers that question with her Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (featured in our Summer 2011 issue.)
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Summary: When one cookie just isn’t enough these Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies are 2 cookies in 1.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TB. pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 10 oz. bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag Oreo Double Stuf cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- With a cookie scoop, place one scoop of cookie dough on top of an Oreo cookie. Place another scoop of dough on the bottom of the cookie. Seal edges by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough. Repeat for other cookies.
- Place onto a parchment- or Silpat-lined baking sheet, and bake cookies for 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cook for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve with a tall glass of milk and enjoy!