Make Life EASY – create a breakfast center in your kitchen, label your jars with chalkboard labels, and fill them with juice, cereal, and toppings.
All of sudden … the family will make time for the most important meal of the day!
You can make your own chalkboard labels using:
Sizzix BIGkick. (This machine works with the entire Sizzix library (except Bigz Pro dies) and cuts and embosses many different materials.)
See more Sizzix project ideas in the Dec/Jan/Feb 2014 issue of Where Women Cook Magazine. Click here to subscribe or purchase Where Women Cook.
You will need something delicious to fill your labeled jars. Why not try this simple and delicious homemade granola recipe?
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups almonds or chopped pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup good honey
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup each of four small diced dried fruits (apricots, blueberries, cranberries, cherries, dates, figs, raisins)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, almonds, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Place butter, honey, and syrup in microwave safe bowl. Heat until butter is melted. Stir. Add syrup mixture to oat mixture; mix until moistened. Spread oat mixture onto prepared pan, pat down.
- Bake on lower rack for 45 minutes or until mixture is golden brown. Stir occasionally with spatula while baking.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Stir occasionally while cooling.
- When cooled, scrape granola into bowl and mix with dried fruit