It’s peach season. That means your local stores, farmers’ markets, fruit stands, and trees are filled with fresh and juicy peaches. With a bushel or two sitting in your kitchen you may be wondering how to use all of your fruity finds. One of the easiest and most delicious ways to use peaches is to make this fresh peach cobbler recipe. It’s a great way to get a taste of summer.
- 3 large peaches (or 6 small/medium peaches) peeled and sliced
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sliced peaches, nutmeg, and ½ cup of the sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Pour melted butter in 9×9 baking dish. In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix remaining ingredients until combined to create a slightly lumpy.
- Pour batter evenly into baking dish. Arrange peaches on top of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
Do you love the colorful mini bakers we used to make the cobbler? Feel free to use our Create-ologie discount code of “WhereWomenCook” (good through August 31, 2013) and order them here.