We’ve all had packaged Spanish or Mexican rice due to it’s ease and convenience. What if you could make your own homemade Mexican rice with less effort than it takes to make the pre-package kind? It’s true; this easy Mexican rice recipe will have you ditching the packets and saying yes to homemade.
- 4 cups instant or “minute” rice.
- 4 cups water
- 2 tomato bouillon cubes
- 2 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes.
- 2 4 oz. cans of diced green chiles
- 11/2 cups cooked corn
- Place water, bouillon cubes, tomatoes, and chiles in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and corn to boiling water and mix well.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve. Garnish with sour cream or other favorite toppings
Wouldn’t this go great with your next Mexican meal?