It’s cookie season. The holidays are full of parties, neighbor gifts, and family gatherings which means we spend a lot of time baking during the next couple of months. Cookies are a perfect gift, dessert, and potluck food. Take one bite of this brownie cookies with salted caramel filling recipe and you will add it to your recipe book.
- Cookie – 12 oz. chocolate, chopped, divided
- 3 TB. butter
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp. baking powder, sifted
- Salted Caramel Crème Filling (adapted from Bakers Royale) – 1 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Cookies – Place 7 ounces of chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, and gently stir until melted and smooth; set aside.
- Places eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, and beat for 15 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add in flour, baking powder, melted chocolate mixture, and remaining chocolate, and mixt to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spoon tablespoon portions of mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheet. (Make cookies small because they are very rich with the frosting.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 6-10 minutes or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool completely on trays.
- Filling – Place butter in a bowl, and beat until creamed. Add confectioners’ sugar and salt, and beat until lightly combined. Add caramel, and beat until combined.
- Fill cookies with 1 tablespoon of salted caramel filling.
If you are looking for a creative way to gift these cookies to friends and family, why not use these adorable milk cartons you can make with the Where Women Cook line of products from Sizzix … well if you can stop eating the cookies long enough to package them up.
Find recipes like this when you subscribe to Where Women Cook magazine here.