With St. Patrick’s Day quickly approaching you may be looking for some more traditional Irish style recipes. Your search is over with this delicious Irish Whiskey Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe. This cake is a wonderful dessert for your St. Patrick’s Day festivities or any time you need a rich, moist, and chocolaty cake.
- 1¼ cups unsweetened cocoa powder (plus additional cocoa for dusting pan)
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups of dark brewed coffee
- ½ cup of whiskey (whatever brand you prefer)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease bundt pan and dust with 2 or 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, shake away any excess.
- In a large saucepan combine whiskey, melted butter, cocoa, and brewed coffee. Whisk over medium heat until all cocoa is dissolved. Add sugar and mix until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In medium sized mixing bowl whisk together salt, baking soda, and flour. Set aside.
- Add vanilla to beaten eggs and then slowly add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients and beat with a whisk until combined. Mixture will be bubbly and more thin than a traditional cake batter.
- Add batter to prepared bundt pan and place in the preheated oven on the center rack. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 hours in pan on baking rack. Remove from pan carefully by loosening edges with a knife. Place on a cake plate and dust lightly with powdered sugar. Serve with fresh whipped cream for an added touch.
The only question left is whether or not you should serve your dessert first.