Do you like ice cream? What about homemade ice cream? Have you dusted off that ice cream maker and put it to good use lately? After seeing this delicious fresh blackberry ice cream recipe, you may be screaming for ice cream. And who could blame you? It tastes as good as it looks.
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blackberry puree (I used an immersion blender to make the puree)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Add cream to a large mixing bowl, and place over an ice bath.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks.
- Add sugar and half and half to medium sized sauce pan and mix over medium heat until almost scalding.
- Add egg yolks to half and half mixture and stir continuously over medium heat. Mix for about 10 minutes or until mixture coats spoon.
- Using a mesh strainer poor egg yolk mixture into cream. Add vanilla, lemon juice and blackberries and mix until well combine. Continue to mix over ice bath until no longer warm.
- Cover and place is fridge for 1-2 hours or until completely cool.
- Churn according to ice cream maker instructions. Makes about 1½ quarts.
What flavor of ice cream do you like the most?