When was the last time you used eggplant in your cooking? Many people don’t realize how versatile the eggplant really is. It works well as a meat and pasta substitute, and in the case of this baked cider eggplant fries recipe, it replaces the potato. You may find yourself replacing the traditional fry with this new favorite recipe featured in the Winter 2013 issue of Where Women Cook magazine. (Recipe shared by Amie Valpone)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into fries
- 1 large Vidallia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 TB. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB. apple cider
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. fleur-de-sel salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a deep baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, and toss to coat. Place mixture in baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside for 2 minutes to cool.
- Serve fries warm with salsa, guacamole, or hummus. Enjoy!
What are some of the ways you like to use eggplant?