Kari Haskell’s Famous Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, stir
- together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In your mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth on Medium.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Beat in egg only until mixed in.
- Add in the dry ingredients, mix low only until totally combined.
- Make rounded, 2″ dough balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets, and press them down with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Frost with your desired buttercream. We use vanilla pressed with sprinkles or glitter sugar or Cinnamon buttercream dusted with cinnamon and sugar at RetroBakeryLV.com.