What do quilters love to do almost more than quilting? Get together for a monthly Stitch n’ Bitch with “like-minded friends of the cloth” to share “cutting-edge” quilting techniques, celebrate someone’s latest book, eat great food, and drink fine wine.
At tonight’s event the hors d’oeuvres are prepared and served in Create-ologie’s new wider-mouth glass jars and the wine will be served on brightly colored trays – both from Create-ologie.com … and we are, of course, celebrating WWCreate’s newest publication with Quarry Books; QUILTERS – Their Quilts, Their Studios, and Their Stories.
You are all invited … and I promise you won’t want to miss being there!
Hot Green Pepper Jelly Recipe
- ¾ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh hot jalapeno or Serrano green pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 ounces Certo pectin
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- Place peppers and vinegar and peppers in blender; cover and puree. Add 2 cups sugar; blend well. Pour into a saucepan. Stir in the remaining sugar; bring to a boil. Strain mixture and return to pan. Stir in pectin and food coloring if desired. Return to a rolling boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving ¼-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Follow manufacturer’s directions fro sterilizing canning jars.