Yesterday we featured Maura “Mo” Knowles’ article from Where Women Cook’s Autumn 2013 issue. Today we are going to share one of the wonderful recipes that she included in her article. Many people start there day with a traditional “cup of jo” but, have you ever thought of starting your day with a “cuppa mojo?” With Maura’s cuppa mojo recipe you can start every day with a little extra something.
- ¼ cup brewed chicory root with pure ground vanilla powder
- ½ cup water for coffee pot
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TB. unsweetened cacao powder or 100% cocoa
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cacao nibs
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. natural vanilla flavor
- Brew chicory root in ½ cup water in a coffee pot, and add to small saucepan.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan. Heat mixture over low heat until hot and bubbly.
Who doesn’t need a little mojo to start their day?