Holidays mean treats, desserts, and dinners galore. And lets not forget the endless food assignments for family and friend’s holiday parties. Sometimes there isn’t enough time to throw together that perfect apple pie. That is when a perfect apple crisp recipe comes in handy.
Apple Crisp Recipe
Summary: This easy and delicious apple crisp recipe will soon be a must have at your holiday or everyday table.
- 5 large tart apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 TBS. lemon juice
- 2 TBS. flour
- 1 heaping tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 9×9 pan or 9 inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange sliced apples evenly throughout the dish and drizzle lemon juice over apples.
- In medium sized bowl mix together white sugar, cinnamon, 2 TBS. of flour and then evenly sprinkle the mixture over apples.
- Place remaining ingredients in large bowl and mix together until a crumbly mixture has formed.
- Evenly distribute crumb topping over top apples while pressing down to work mixture into the apples. (the dish will be very full)
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 50-60 minutes or until the apple mixture is bubbly and the crumb topping is brown.
- Let sit for 30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Stephanie left the corporate world to focus on her true love, chauffeuring (also known as raising two teenagers). Currently she is the Online Community Manger for Where Women Cook and Where Women Create Magazines and handles social media for a DIY/craft conference…not to mention committing egregious grammar and spelling errors for the world to see on www.TheDailyBlarg.com. Her spare time is spent reading, cooking, eating, blogging, tweeting, watching reality TV, and cuddling up in her Snuggie while riding her unicorn. She does all this while raising two growing teenagers, a Papillon, and a chinchilla with her husband Brian.